Unit 1 - Discussion topic

Unit 1 - Discussion topic

Postby Gerardo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:59 am

2. Look again at the classroom scenarios in exercise 1 and the solutions suggested by teachers. What do you think of the teachers' suggestions? What else would you do in these situations?

situation1 Tottally agree , i think teachers need to prepare themself with an organised class that deal with the wide range of abilities. the lesson cant not be unscripted

situation2 i think a good class is the result of the selection of the correct form to explain the topic. Teacher need to analize the audience in order to have a correct way to teach. The audience lead you.

situation3 i think the point of view has to be the same for the all class. My method need to be clear for all students. i accept that students learn different but this not have to be a distraction for the main idea. Everybody in the class have to focus at the same language point.

situation4 in the feedback of a listening activity I make sure that all the students are involved playing the recorder slowly at the correct time and if is necessary repeat.

situation5 yes I think i agree. When I decide to get a feedback from the students i expect that suggestions made by them be different because like a Teacher in a classrom i am in a mixed ability group. Students dont think exactly in the same way and learn faster or slowly than others. Thats a reality.

1. What factors do you consider important in causing mixed ability? Put these in order of importance for you:

aptitude
previous exposure
learning style
attitude
motivation
personality
Gerardo

Return to Unit 1 - Discussion topic