EVERY GROUP IS A MIXED-ABILITY GROUP

EVERY GROUP IS A MIXED-ABILITY GROUP

Postby annagarcia » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:11 pm

Every time you get in class you are in front of very different students. Each group is different and within the group there are many differences. Each student has a different learning style. One understands things better if he/she copies, the other one prefers listen to it, and so on. I think that at some point it can seem bad that a group is so mixed, but I think it is not. When you realize that each student is there for a different reason and they have different learning styles, you try to make them aware of all of them. That is to say, sometimes you work with images, other times with the cassette and other times you make them copy from the blackboard. I think this gives all of them the same possibilities and they learn from different ways. Otherwise, we would always do the same. It is also positive because those students who are very good at something can teach other students from them and viceversa. That is, students learn to say it in other words and cooperate and help their classmates. If they were all the same, this wouldn't be possible.
annagarcia

Return to Unit 1 - Discussion topic