Unit 1.- Classroom Management – Mixed-Ability Classes

Unit 1.- Classroom Management – Mixed-Ability Classes

Postby Jessica Martínez » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Classroom Management – Mixed-Ability Classes

1.- What factors do you consider important in causing mixed ability? Put these in order of importance for you:
Each person has different manners to learn, experiences and reasons for learning, (in this case a foreign language – English), for that cause in our groups have a variety of learners.
In my opinion, I order the factors in these way;
1.- attitude
2.- previous exposure
3.- motivation
4.- personality
5.- learning style
6.- aptitude

2. Look again at the classroom scenarios in exercise 1 and the solutions suggested by teachers. What do you think of the teachers' suggestions? What else would you do in these situations?
I agree with the teachers, because, they sometimes feel frustrated for the real situation in different activities; like understanding text, speaking activities, feedback…. But in the answers you can notice that these circumstances occur in the classroom activities.
In that situation, I try to do a variety of activities; one of them is an interesting reading with a basic vocabulary. It could be about a hero, athlete or a real situation in the world. For listening, learners love music, so I give them a song, the find key words, learn new vocabulary and try to sing it.
Learners feel safe when the teacher monitored the exercise, but in some cases, the teacher should have enough time to answer the exercise by themselves.
Jessica Martínez

Return to Unit 1 - Discussion topic