agree or disagree

agree or disagree

Postby María Isabel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 am

1. I disagree with the first feeling, because the songs are not only for young learners, I think that most of the students like to sing, so we as a teachers have to look the appropriate songs, according to their age.
2. I agree with the second idea, because we have to establish a training, especially with the youngest.
3. I agree with the third position; as we know there are children who are more dedicated and also have been developing their skills better than other children, so for me it is good idea to give extra activities to those students.
María Isabel

agree or desagree

Postby salomé » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:52 am

I agree wiyh the second statement, I think this is because it is very iportant to check previous knowledge to be sure our students are learning what we are teaching and practice or recycling vocabulary to improve the vocabulary.
salomé

Re: agree or disagree

Postby abi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:45 pm

I disagree with the first statements, because all of the chidren like to listen and sing to music, we only have to look for song that are interest for them.
I agree with the second statements, because it is important to always review the previous lesson to the children these will help them in their learning.
I also agree with the last statement,having extra activities for those students who finish their jobs it's a good idea for our group control.
abi

Postby Gaby » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:18 pm

I dissagree with the third statement. We have a relative short time for class. I use the time after explaining any activity to go aroung to make sure every student is doing the activity correctly, and if he/she is not, I take the time to explain it personaly. I rather be dividing my time between grading and explaining, than giving extra work to student that have finish. I use another strategy for this kind of problem. Time is a luxury when you have 30 to 35 students,
Gaby

Postby Carmen Vega » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:03 pm

• "I never do songs with my group of 10-year-olds. They think singing songs is for babies."
• "I always start the lesson with a review of the previous lesson. And I always end the lesson with a song."
• "I prepare extra exercises for the children who finish early. It's not good if they have nothing to do."

I disagree with the first statement. In my experience as teacher of kindergarten to 6th primary graders they all love to sing, but the thing is to teach them song according to their age and/or their background

I totally agree on the second statement. I think is important to review previous lessons that way the students can have more practice of the language and songs are a fun way to learn, I do not only do it at the end of the lesson sometimes at the beginning or in the middle of the lesson.

I agree. But I try to give them fun thing to do so the other students get motivated to do their task faster.
Carmen Vega

Return to Unit 1 - Discussion topic