children as learners

children as learners

Postby liliana galicia » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:28 am

I disagree with the first statement.I find that all age groups like songs, I think this is because the most of time I use songs during my classes according to each ages.

I agree with the second statement because recycling vocabulary in different activities and contexts help to young learners to use the previous learn.

I agree with the third statement, I find that some children will finish more quickly than others.
liliana galicia

Re: children as learners

Postby REYNA RUIZ » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:47 am

I ABSOLUTELY DISAGREE WITH THE FIRST STATEMENT AS I HAVE NOTICED THAT IF YOU CHOOSE THE SONGS ACCORDING TO YOUR CHILDREN'S AGE AND PREFERENCES , THESE WILL BE A GREAT TOOL FOR YOU IN THE CLASSROOM. FROM MY POINT OF VIEW SONGS ARE A WAY TO STICK CHUNKS NOT ONLY IN CHILDREN BUT ALSO IN ADULTS.

I CONCUR WITH THE SECOND STATEMENT BECAUSE I CONSIDER THAT TEACHERS MUST RECYCLE VOCABULARY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE IN EVERY SINGLE LESSON.

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH THE THIRD STATEMENT . TEACHERS SHOULD BE READY TO PROVIDE THOSE STUDENTS WHO FINISH QUICKER WITH EXTRA ACTIVITIES. TEACHERS SHOULD CONSIDER THESE POSSIBLE PROBLEM WHILE PLANNING A LESSON.
REYNA RUIZ

Return to Unit 1 - Discussion topic