ACTIVITY 8. LESSON 1

ACTIVITY 8. LESSON 1

Postby SILVIA » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 pm

1.What factors do you consider important in causing mixed ability? In my opinion, the most important factor is motivation and the others follow this order:learning style, attitude, previous exposure, aptitude and personality

2. Look again at the classroom scenarios in exercise 1 and the solutions suggested by teachers. What do you think of the teachers' suggestions? What else would you do in these situations? I disagree with saying that students often read at different speeds and some might find the text easier than others, because I think there are children reading by maturational evolution and there are always children in a classroom that present difficulties in learning.

3. "Every group is a mixed-ability group." Do you agree with this? What are the implications of this statement for teachers? I share this statemen. Since everyone is able to contribute something in the learning and that has to serve us to enrich each other and even teachers who also learn in everyday life

4. Mixed ability is usually considered to be a problem. But is it? Could there be some advantages to having students of different levels and abilities in the same class? It has to be seen as an opportunity, so they can work as a team and encourage cooperative work, a fundamental thing in their future.
SILVIA

Return to Discussion topic