Rapa Nui

Rapa Nui

Postby Roser Parellada » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:33 pm

FORUM

UNIT 8 RAPA NUI Barcelona, April 30th 2016

I have no idea how could had been sculpted these enormous statues and then how they could had been moved to the island, although I think that all theories might have been possible. Anyway I think that the most likely should be that the islanders had known a special technical knowledge of construction to built that researchers and the population nowadays ignore because it may have been disappeared with the ancient islanders life and this could be the reason why contemporary societies have not reached the answer of what a primitive society had been capable to do a feat like that one.

Yes, I would like very much to go to visit the Rapa Nui Island, because it seems to me that it could be interesting and funny enough. But at the same time a little mysterious too and maybe I would need a strong reason to go there, because so far I've never had intention to travel so far from my country.
Roser Parellada

Re: Rapa Nui

Postby Admin » Wed May 04, 2016 7:08 am

Hi Roser, yes Rapa Nui is terribly far away. Also I don't know if it's good if too many people visit the place, I think it is a fragile environment.
Can I help?
I have no idea how could had been sculpted these enormous statues = I have no idea how these enormous sculptures could have been made.
the most likely should be = The most likely theory is that...
the islanders had known a special technical knowledge of construction = The islanders might have had a special construction technique
the population nowadays ignore = that the population doesn't know about.
See you!
Pieter
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Unit 8