Sleeping habits

Sleeping habits

Postby Estefania » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:48 am

In order to start with my text, I'd like to talk about my sleeping habits. Nowadays I work in Esplugues, far from my flat, and I sleep less than when I was working in Barcelona. Anyway, I don't need to sleep too much because I usually wake up early and I never take a nap during the day; even so, I love to lie down in my sofa during the night, before going to sleep! Moreover, I like to seize the day and I just oversleep after going out at night for a party or meeting with friends.
Also is important to have some habits to be able to be awake without sleep too much, such as eating healthy food, having relaxing moments during the day and finally avoiding stressing stuff. Personally, I follow these habits so that I have enough energy.
Estefania

Re: Sleeping habits

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:01 am

Wow, you are lucky Estefania, you have lots of energy! If I don't sleep enough, my energy goes down, down, down...
Can I help?
I love to lie down in my sofa = Lie down examples: I need to lie down for a few minutes. Lie down and go to sleep! But in your sentence we can say: I love to lie on my sofa
I like to seize the day = You can say: I like to take advantage of the day
habits to be able to be awake without sleep too much= to be able to wake up on time?? Or: have habits so we don't oversleep.
See you,
Pieter
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Maite B » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:22 pm

In order to explain how I sleep, I start telling that I do it in a normal way. I live in a noisy building. So for me, It´s very important to have silence and darkness to sleep well.
During the week, if I can, I try to take a nap after having lunch. And the weekends, I always oversleep to compensate the hours passed at work.
Maite B

Postby Beatriz » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Hello classmates!
In my case, I need to sleep 8 or 9 hours every day. If I am not able to sleep those hours, I will be very tired and nerves during the whole day.
In summer, I like taking a nap just after having lunch, so the hot is more tolerable
Beatriz

Postby ANA LÓPEZ » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:39 pm

I love sleeping. I usually sleep on my side, because it is better in order to breathe correctly. If you sleep on your back, you could snore, and it would be very annoying for people who are trying to sleep in other rooms, even for the neighbours.
I must recognize that I sleep less than I should. I try to go to bed early in the night, but it is not easy when you have to work until 7 p.m. and do the housework after coming back home. Some days, I do not go to bed until 12 a.m. I am aware that I should sleep more, because I tend to dozing in the afternoon. But I cannot always have a nap.
ANA LÓPEZ

Return to Unit 3